The Word is Spreading

I'm not sure how much of a "career" I want to make out of "house sitting". Already I have had several more "expressions of interest" from folk who want me to look after their homes while they go overseas etc. It seems I could house sit almot 52 weeks of the year. But do I want to do it? I appreciate the quiet nights and the peace during the day to write, but what is it I really want to achieve.

Anyway I'm not committing to any more, though may do a short one in February, not far from here.

I'm still not feeling 100% so have not ventured for my usual walk, although I went for a short distance last year. I like walking in the early evening and seeing houses at night. I'm not into sticky beaking but I like the way some are lit up at night and I note that some look far more attractive with their lights on, than they look during the day.

There's a lot of rubbish in the side walk too, stuff that the council is planning to clear up, but many folk thought they were due to pick it up some time ago, and the streets have been pretty cluttered with all sorts of rubbish for weeks.

Comments