Eumundi, Pomona and Belli Park

We set off on our journey early, and arrived at Eumundi Markets soon after 10 am.  How busy it was!  Crowds everywhere, and we wandered through the rows of market stalls and bought a few things for Christmas gifts.  Can't say here - just in case some folk read this and learn what their gift will be.   We had lunch at the Eumundi Pub (nice squid) before heading back through the stalls and then back to the car park and the car.  It was then off to Pomona - to a place I saw on TV a few weeks ago - the Two Old Ladies Tea House.  What a delightful place!!!!  We had tea and scones before we headed off for our next visit.

Tea and Scones at Two Old Ladies Teashop, Pomona

In the Teashop


I had wanted to visit the Bamboo place at Belli - to meet Durnford Dart, or Mr Bamboo as he is known.  It was wonderful to see some of the 100 acres of bamboo!  He moved there in 1989 - and bought an old brothel in Maroochydore and moved it to the property and it is his house!  He was a most interesting man, and I know I shall have much information for my uni assignment.

The Driveway into Australia Bamboo Belli Park


I wanted to purchase some purple Bali flags, but he had none left, so I left empty handed, other than a copy of his book.  I must get him to sign it next time I see him.

I walked around and took quite a few photos of the many bamboo plants he has growing.




Comments