Mooloolaba

A friend had asked me to take her to Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast, and I happily obliged - in part because I like to drive longer distances in preparation for my journey and also because it is many years since I have been on that part of the coast.  I had been to a function there a year ago, but didn't venture seaward!

It was just a perfect day - and we set off at 9 am.  I am glad for my GPS, but I do suspect that sometimes it takes me on a longer route, but in the end, we arrived at my friend's place and I too off to explore the shopping and waterfront precinct.

We had picked a bad day.  It was 'pupil free' day at all schools, so the place was littered with young people - not that I have a problem with that, but I had expected there to be few crowds.  It was very busy.  The folk on the sand and in the water were revelling in the fabulous weather and it is a long time since I have seen so many beautiful bodies in bikinis.  I can dream of a time when it could have been me!

I wandered along the street popping in to various shops.  There were many restaurants and clothing stories - none of which were of great interest to me.  I was not in an eating or buying mood, and soon came to the David Hart Gallery.  I was so excited, as I knew that David was the son of the great Pro Hart, and I love looking at art!  Marvellous.  The lovely lady behind the counter and I chatted eventually and found we had some things in common.  I bought a few things with David's work on them - some Christmas gifts no less, and spent a lot of time dreaming about having one of these works hanging on my walls.  What walls?  That's the problem.  Until I settle down I have no need for these things.  I can dream.  I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.



She gave me a book about Pro Hart, written by David. I do have intentions to visit the gallery in Broken Hill when I am there, to see some of the works on display there.  We did call in to Pro's gallery on a trip through to Adelaide many years ago, and I was in awe of his amazing collection then.  I look forward to doing so again.

Pro was an amazing guy - and reading about him I have learned so much about this crazy talented gent from Broken Hill. 

Comments