What? Rap?

I had seen the advertisements on television for Big Brother and a strange dance that they are promoting, and knowing that the dance moves and music hail from Korea and a Korean singer, so I went to find out more.

There are many videos on Yout Tube, but this one is a performance of 'cheer leaders' which was created to inspire the Korean Olympic team for the 2012 London Olympics.

Clearly it is a big budget performance - and one of the interesting things that I found is that it appears that it was filmed in an amazing park that I visited when I was in South Korea in 2009.

It looks to be Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul which was built some 600 years ago, and re constructed in recent times.  It is an amazing place to explore some of the history of South Korea, and the array of costumes worn by those who work there is spectacular.

On the day I was there, there was a special event which had not been re enacted previously.  It was quite a performance by a historical organisation.

So who is Psy?  What is that all about?  Psy is a Korean singer, songwriter, musician who created Gangnam Style - a rap dance routine which seems to be taking the world by storm.  Now, I am not rapper, but it certainly looks a lot of fun, and it seems it has found its way to Australia and the Brg Brother






Gangnam Style?  It appears that the Rap song has been named after the area in Seoul where Psy has lived.  He's studied Music in the USA and is clearly quite a talent.  Why the horses?  One of the moves is call the 'horse move' and is supposed to mirror the actions of riding a horse.  Sounds a bit of fun.


Comments

Anonymous said…
how's things housesitdiary.blogspot.com blogger found your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://xrumer-services.net they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Roberto
Di Hill said…
Thank you for your comment. As I do not have anything to sell on my blog, I do not invest any money into increasing visitors. Thank you for the information though.