Conservation Park Info

On my return journey from Perth to Dongara on the 12th March I did a number of things that I have not reported on.  Thought I'd do so today.

After my detour through Gingin and the Western Bamboo property, I made my way back onto the Brand Highway.  I'd taken some more photos of Grass Trees, and then found this old deserted house.  I drove past, but then backed up safely to get out of the car and take the photo.  There was not a lot of traffic at the time which was good.



I continued on to Cataby, where I stopped for a bit to eat and a rest - not that I was particularly tired, but didn't think I would have to stop between there and Dongara.  Taking my drink and food to the seating area at the side of the service station I sat alone - only for a few minutes!

Soon I had many green feathered friends, who sat on my table and ate the crumbs from my hand.  There were quite a few of them that sqwarked and flew around, politely eating what I had left out for them at the table.  The last time I was at Cataby was a year or so ago, when violent thunderstorms were seen in the west - I remember it well as we tried to get ahead of the storms on our way to Perth.  Much more pleasant visit this time.





Onwards from Cataby, I was keen to find some flowers that I had taken photos of previously and these are the photos that I lost when my camera had a hissy fit.




I have not been able to find the name of these flowers - they are like delicate clouds floating on the side of the road.

There was a park that I had wanted to see too - and I soon came to the turn off, and turned in.  I had seen other vehicles there as I passed previously, but on this day I was the only one in the park.  Coomallo Park is a wonderful conservation area.

The signs suggested that on the 15 minute walk around the park I might be lucky enough to see kangaroos or emus, so camera in hand I set off.  There was a warning about rogue bees, which alarmed me as I am allergic to bees, but I cautiously wandered on - I encountered no bees, kangaroos, or emus.  In fact no wildlife, but the landscape was very beautiful.



It was my last stop before safely arriving in Dongara late in the afternoon.

Comments