A Guest from Taiwan

I received a call from a friend who has students boarding with her.  She asked if I could have one as a guest for a about 6 days, and I happily agreed.  After the QUEDREX event I drove to Carina (still in costume, I might add, though I had discarded the mop cap) to meet Vicky.  She is a  delightful young lady with good English skills and we were soon on our way to Caboolture.  I had my Caboolture Historical Village Colleague with me, and yes, she was still in costume.

I had forgotten that I needed to get petrol for the trip, but when I went to pay at Coles Express at Cannon Hill no one seemed to notice I was in costume!!!

It was an uneventful trip to Caboolture to drop Cassie off, and Vicky and I went on to Beachmere, where she settled in my guest room.

We had a busy week - the first day I showed her around Beachmere, and during the week we visited Toorbul (saw nearly 50 wild kangaroos enjoying their beachside home), we went to Brisbane city and the Art Gallery, GOMA, and The Edge, visited Maleny, Nambour and the Ginger Factory, as well as Bribie Island.  It WAS a busy week!!!!

Oh, and one day Vicky was at the Caboolture Historical Village while I did my volunteering.  She was a delightful house guest and I hope to see her again soon.  She is studying in Australia perhaps for the next four years.

Vicky at the Caboolture Historical Village


On Bribie Island

At Beachmere

Beachmere Lake

Curious swan swims towards us.

Beach at Beachmere

Comments