No Time

I have had house guests for nearly a week.  It has been wonderful to see my sister and her friend, and we have had a great time.  We have had time to enjoy each other's company and visit some special places around where I live.

Vintage Truck Arrives at Village

We visited the Caboolture Historical Village briefly.   I had a meeting.  As we arrived a tow truck delivered a vintage truck from nearby Wamuran.  One fellow told me that it may date back to the 1880's.  Great history.

Caboolture River at Beachmere


We visited various parts of Caboolture, Beachmere and Bribie Island.  Then spent one day in the city.

My sister loves plants with huge roots!!


Then on their last day with me we went to the Buderim Ginger Factory, which is now at Yandina and spent a few hours there, before heading up the mountains to Montville and Maleny.

Ginger Flowers at the Ginger Factory

Gardens and lake at the Ginger Factory

Terrorising Lizard

 We did the shops at the Buderim Ginger Factory, and then headed up the Blackall Range - but before  we left the Ginger Factory we had a coffee and the lizard above "terrorised" us.  I don't mind lizards but prefer that they don't stand beside me and look like they are going to run up my leg!!!!  This one was very challenging!!


These red flowers were wonderful at Montville

Trip home was challenging as the Highway was blocked in both directions after a nasty accident involving 6 cars.  One person killed.  Luckily we were on the Steve Irwin Way and though bumper to bumper, and slow as, some times stopped, we did get home!!  Safely.

Comments