Blogger or WordPress?

For years I have been a Blogger Fan - and happy.  I felt that as a Writer I needed to be a bit more technical to work with WordPress.  I have had a website with WordPress, but when I do Blogging Workshops I usually recommend Blogger.

I have attempted the Ultimate Blog Challenge before, but have not completed the tasks. This time - July 2016 - I am doing it again, but from my WordPress site. 

Recently I attended a WordPress Camp, and MeetUp, and am slowly coming to terms with all the  extra's that are available in WP, and am managing to use them.  Some challenges do come my way, but all is ok.  Mostly.

I do have a BIG complaint.  Not necessarily about WP, but about the "web designers" who charge a lot, and I don't think "service" their clients well.  For example, I have been the one helping out with a not-for-profit group.  I update their website, and do their blog.  With difficulty as the organisation does not give me all the data/information I need.

But when I learned more about the back end of WP I raised some questions with the "web designer" who charged a lot of money to change/create the website.  It was already done by someone who was very challenging to deal with and seldom did things when asked.

The new guy was full of promises and to be fair he did a good job in setting up, but that's where it ended.  He assumed (wrongly) that I was competent with WP, and I was not.

In my recent learning I found out quite a lot - and found out quite a lot that he didn't do, or didn't  inform us that he didn't do.

I've met this week with a big time WordPress user and expressed my concern at the way the site was done, but in 18 months no advice, or help. It has been hard to get him to do things that we knew we needed.  

Customer Service?  No - nothing.  He's even slack sending invoices.  I have to remind him.  Maybe he will not get any more reminders and we will find someone else to do it.  Mmmm.  Just thinking................

Here's my new blog.

Comments