Sunday at Bribie

A view of Pumicestone Passage from near the jetty.


I was woken by C - asking if I wanted to go for a swim at Woorim. I had done so on a previous trip, but not this time. I rolled over after respoding "no thanks", and scored some more zzzz's.

A short time later I was awake, so I dressed and headed for the path along the beachfront overlooking Pumicestone Passage. It was overcast, and not as nice as it can be on a "good" day, but I had a good walk, took some photographs, and called by the newsagent to get the Sunday paper. It is a ritual for me at the Retreat - I get the paper.

After breakfast we did another workshop on writing for television or radio which was very interesting.

The food was great - we do our own catering, and all take it in turns to help in the kitchen, etc. Good healthy food and lots of it.

After lunch we packed up and headed for home.

I have a ritual of visiting a nursing friend on Bribie. She and her husband moved there some years ago, and I don't get the opportunity to see them very much, so that's my chance. I spent a couple of hours with them before heading home again.

Too short, but great weekend.

Comments