Flying away again.

This time next week I will be at the Brisbane Airport, hopefully with a calm but excited little grandson (my only grandson) preparing for his first trip to Adelaide to see my parents. Mum had her 92nd birthday last week, so this is the"birthday gift". She doesn't want anything any more - so a visit from her only great grandson is the gift I bring.

J has not been with me on such a trip, and I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks, so I hope he is a little excited about it. His Mum and Dad are now fretting about the trip - probably wondering if I can manage an excitable young fellow.

Today I will be buying one of those "tethers" so that he will be connected to me - from his wrist to mine! Apparently he is a runner.

I have today "off" - not that I will have nothing to do - but at least I don't have to go to work, and I can do a few things at home that need doing. Housework - it never ends, there is always more to do.

I have quite a lot of writing to do too - so hopefully will get that done, and one more lesson on my TESOL course.

I have applied for a position with a language school here in Brisbane - but have already decided that I do not want it. In part because it is quite a drive away, and it is after hours (6 pm to midnight), so I can do without that. I'm fascinated that such a school operates from Brisbane (and Melbourne and Sydney too, I'm told), and that school children in Hong Kong, sit at their computer complete with webcam, and the lesson is conducted in this way.

I'd be interested (a) if it was closer to home and (b) the hours were more friendly. Oh, well.

Comments