Neglect of blog

I was rather embarrassed to see that I had not posted here for many months. In part it was because I was not house sitting and was in fact living in China, teaching at a college there.
In part it was because a few weeks after arriving in China my computer "crashed" and I struggled with a Chinese computer and eventually bought a new one, and I've struggled with that for much of the time.

I have not forsaken my love of house sitting.

In fact, after 4 1/2 months teaching in China I returned to Australia - after a week in Shanghai and another week in Singapore, and arrived back in Brisbane on July 7th. Just in time to do some more house sitting.

My friends P and L were on their way to a wonderful holiday with a week in the Mediterranean and another week plus in Ireland.

And so it was that I did not go HOME but to P and L's home not far away - so I spent quite a bit of time between the two addresses. The cat Fleder was well behaved - except for the last few days. I wonder if Fleder knew that my tenure was coming to an end and that the folks were returning home?

I like the peace and tranquility of that address. But this time it was mid winter and I found it quite cold. I love sitting out the back of the house, but it was both too cold and often too wet. We had a higher than usual rainfall during that period, so it somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for being there.

But on the other hand there were some pluses. I could do/eat what I liked. I had lost 13 kgs in China and was pleased with my new body and very keen NOT to gain weight, but I know it is hard back here.

I had intended to ride my bicycle - but it wasn't repaired until AFTER I finished the house sit.

I am due to return to China on August 31st, so there is more house sitting for me this year. I will continue my membership with the House sitting website as it is my intention to house sit in UK next year if possible.

Comments