No house sitting - just travelling

What a week!  I packed my things, cleaned up, and took the dog to its holiday place on the Gold Coast, and moved in, exhausted to my daughter's place.  Early on the 14th I went to Brisbane Airport for the long flight to Perth, Western Australia - where I was met up with my cousin Pat and her husband Barry.  I had not seen them for many years, but we managed to talk non-stop about family and the comings and goings of ourselves.

They took me to Kings Park, overlooking the Swan River and we had a lovely walk around the park.

Perth City from Kings Park
The old Swan Brewery on the banks of the Swan River
On the Sunday morning, my friend Bev arrived, and after lunch we set off for the long drive to Dongara.

The new road was good, but warnings of kangaroos, emus and other wild animals were signposted along the way.  We only saw two emus - who chose to run across the road in front of us.  Luckily Bev braked in time, and we just 'bumped' on big bird.  No damage done to us, the car, or the emu we think.

We called in to Lancellan for a brief look, and went on, arriving in Dongara about 7.30 pm, so had dinner at the Dongara Hotel.

We've had a quiet few days - small jaunts around the area, a little shopping, but to today we venture to Geraldton, about 60 kms north.

Comments