Strange Sight in the Air

On Thursday afternoon I was driving back to Manly from Capalaba, when I noticed various jetstreams in the air.  It is not unusual to see them at this time of the year when the air is very cold, and particularly the jets taking off from Brisbane, when the sky is clear blue.  I am always fascinated by the white line streaking across the blue skies, but what I saw as I drove was rather scary.

Two planes headed east - perhaps towards New Zealand, seemed to be travelling parallel to one another and then one turned and seemed to head towards the other one.  I assumed that they were some distance from one another, but clearly when they got close, one veered away from the other. Was this a crash about to happen?  Oddly enough I expected to see something in the media about it, or at least see or hear that others had witnessed it too.


As soon as I could I stopped and took a photo with my Samsung, and here it is.  What do you think?  You may have to click on the photo to enlarge it and see the 'near miss'.

Comments