Another Caboolture Discovery

I am volunteering at the Caboolture Historical Village and working on a function for International Women's Day - looking for a caterer.  I discovered the Lagoon Creek Function Centre and went to have a coffee and chat with them.

It is a wonderful little place hidden in the northern part of Caboolture - and the staff are wonderful people with disability challenges.  They were wonderful and showed me around.

 
 
I was disappointed that the café didn't actually overlook the lagoon, and I am keen to go for a walk along the pathway to the lagoon one day, but I was unable to do so on the day I visited, though I did get to look around the place.
 
 
 
There is also a gallery -  a number of those who are associated with the Lagoon Creek Function Centre create paintings and other paintings.  I certainly will visit again, and I hope to get them to cater for the IWD function at Caboolture Historical Village.
 
I had quite a list of things to do around Caboolture, and one of the places on that list was Spotlight.  I had been doing some sewing as I have created a new costume for me to wear at the Village, and wanted some more fabric.
 
It was there that I saw a sign "Maningrida" - I knew it was the name of an aboriginal settlement in the Northern Territory - on reading the sign I discovered that the fabric is designed by some of the ladies at Maningrida.http://www.babbarradesigns.com.au/about-babbarra  It was not on my shopping list, and I will go back.  It is wonderful fabric for women's clothing - skirts, dresses etc.
 
 
 
 
 

Comments