School Holidays

Back in the real world.  As readers know I volunteer at the Caboolture Historical Village and I am back now and very busy as we have a number of major events coming up.

This weekend is the Gem Fest - so for all those folk interested in jewelry making, lapidary, etc it should be a great weekend.

Yesterday was my "normal" working day at the Village - and I started by taking some photos.  I love petunias - cheap, easy to grow and so colourful!!   Amazing. The garden itself is ot brilliant though there have been some lovely orchids in flower, but they are not at their best right now.  We certainly need some rain - well, the plants need some rain!


It is school holidays - and unfortunately these holidays I have not had my grandchildren staying with me.  The G girls have been in the north of the state at hockey carnivals, and the H grandchildren are with their Dad a lot of the time.

Many children have been at the Village for our kids activities - they all seem to have a wonderful time around the Village, learning about life back in the early days of Australia and Caboolture in particular.  Below is a group at the old school building.  There is so much to do.



As I wandered around with camera in hand, I heard bagpipes.  And there on the grass in front of the main building two guys were keeping the visitors entertained with their music.



Below is a photo I too - the shadow of the windmill.  You can just see the pipers in the back ground.


Comments