Goodbye 2016

I enjoy this time of the year.  Not just the parties, the family get togethers and the feasting, but the idea that a new year is about to start.  I like making plans for the new year, and I enjoy the few days between Christmas and New Year Celebrations where I can do a lot of things while watching the Cricket.

At the same time I like to "say goodbye" to the old year and plan the new year.  I have some BIG plans for 2017 - and am excited.  Will be co-housing project come to fruition or at least go forward during the year?  Will I get to London and Europe on my search for more information about co-housing?  Will I make a move to go to university again?  What will my housing plans for me, be?  Will I lose weight?  Will I be slimmer at the end of 2017?

Many Australians are cricket tragics.  We love sitting in the loungeroom in the heat of summer, and watching the events of this amazing sport.  Read the history of cricket here.

When many families get together over the Christmas-New Year, "backyard cricket" is played.  Most of the family will participate and it can be a lot of fun.  I can remember playing that over the years.  I can remember the family Christmas get-togethers with my Aunts, Uncles and cousins  Adelaide,  We didn't play much backyard cricket with them.  Perhaps because there were more girls than boys amongst the cousins!  Still, we all think of cricket at this time of year.



Above photo from here.

Cricket can be boring. I find that I can watch as I go about other duties at home.  I  can do a range of things because I know that I miss any major event, it will be replayed.

I recall being the scorer at Cricket matches when my son played.  He was quite a good player but after he left that school, he didn't play again.

Not so long ago I went to the 'Gabba (Brisbane's major football and cricket stadium) to watch the England vs Queensland match.  I read a book.  I would watch much of the game and read at the same time.

If I had my head down reading when something BIG happened, I knew that it would be replayed on the big screen.

Summer can be very hot here in Australia, and it suits me these days to watch the cricket on television and do what I wish.  I manage a lot of catch up things at this time.

Comments